Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Take a Little Time to Love

Last week, I was driving through my little hometown in Northern Utah. I was on my way to pick up my good friend Robyn and decided to take a back way to her house. I was driving behind our local high school on the street that my mom grew up on when I saw a little girl riding her scooter on the sidewalk. Now don't get all nervous that the little girl is going to get kidnapped or hit by a car or something, SHE DOESN'T!!! (when I was telling Robyn this story she got this terrified look on her face because she was afraid something bad was going to happen to the little girl)

Anywhoo, I was driving my car and there was a minivan driving in front of me. The little girl on the scooter took two pushes on her scooter and stopped as the minivan drove by her. I assumed that the minivan was a neighbor and thats why she had smiled and waved at them so i didn't think that much of it. Then, the little girl continued on her way, took two pushes again, stopped as I passed and waved to me, too. What a small act it was but it completely made my day. I didn't know the girl. She was an adorable little brunette that was probably 5 years old. She had little piggie tails and her scooter was pink. I am a 19 year old that was a stranger driving a jeep through her neighborhood. (didn't mean to make myself sound like a creep, I promise) But it didn't matter to her who I was. She stopped and took the time to do something that made me feel loved.

Sometimes we get so caught up in our lives that we forget to think about other people. It took this little five year old to remind me that everyone deserves our love. Heavenly Father loves each and everyone of us and sometimes he needs someone like me to be the instrument to show someone else his love for them. This was my lesson this week. Love one another. Even if you have to stop pushing your scooter for a few minutes and take the time to smile and wave at a stranger. You never know who you will influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment