Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Breakfast Burrito Blessing

7:30 classes stink! There's no denying it. I am not a morning person. So, having 7:30 classes 3 days a week really makes me not-happy at times. Especially at 6:30 when I am supposed to wake up. On Tuesdays my 7:30 class is my LDS Institute Enrollment Committee and so I really have to make an effort to wake up and go.

This morning was one of those days that was especially hard to make myself wake up. My alarm went off at 6:45 and I hit the snooze and decided that 5 more minutes of beautiful sleep was worth not doing my hair. Again, my alarm went off and I hit snooze thinking, "I really don't need to put make up on, hardly anyone will see me." I continued hitting the snooze justifying it each time that I did that I would just skip another part of my morning ritual. At 7:05 I finally decided not to hit the snooze. "Fine, I'll just wake up," I thought to myself. I layed in bed pretending that I was going to open my eyes until I fell asleep again. I woke up and rolled over and looked at my phone, "7:15, greeeeeeaaaaaat..." I didn't want to wake up. I knew that I wouldn't miss too much if I stayed in bed until 11 am. Then, I decided that I had a duty to be in class. I really need to be more responsible. So, I roll out of bed, say a quick prayer, put on pants and keep on the shirt I slept in and grabbed my keys and left.

Somehow I walked out right in time to catch the shuttle and arrived at the Institute building at 7:25. I walked in and to my surprise, beautiful, delicious, perfect-looking, steaming hot (not really, they were luke warm) breakfast burritos were sitting on the desks. Oh. My. Good. Ness!! I think that right then and there I could have died and been a happy woman. I just stared at the burritos until one of the other students asked if I wanted a steak and egg burrito or ham and cheese. "Gosh heck, I dunno. Is this for real?" I kept talking but I was clearly not awake becuse I remember saying things that made everyone laugh really hard but the problem is that I dont remember what the funny things were that I said. I grabbed a steak and egg burrito and someone offered me a glass of orange juice. I sat in my chair and relaxed as our class began. We went through our agenda and accomplished everything we had to.

We all have responsibilities in life. Especially responsibilities to our church callings. It is hard to do that sometimes but when we serve, we are blessed. There are different levels of blessings and sometimes blessings are immediate and sometimes we don't see them for a long time. But you never know, maybe your blessings will come in the form of a luke warm steak and egg burrito. And let me tell you, best luke warm steak and egg burrito I've ever had at 7:30 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment