Sunday, July 14, 2013

New Vocab

So, my week was pretty busy!
 
We went to a new family in the ward and after talking to them, he looked at his wife and said, "Should I send them to my parents'" and his wife said "yes." He told us that his parents weren't members but they go to church with them every week and we're the first missionaries that they have given their address to. So we felt very blessed that we earned their trust enough for that!
 
On Wednesday we made brownies and I made stir fry for lunch (thanks for teaching me how to cook so I don't eat junk food) We had three appointments cancel on us so we went and had media time at the library which is where we can go and watch Mormon Messages and read conference talks and stuff like that. We can do that up to an hour everyday. Cool huh! We had dinner with a member family n after that she came teaching with us n we visited some less-active members.
 
 
 
Thursday, the 4th of July, was a long day. We had our first dinner at 3:pm, another at 6, and another at 8. We watched fireworks over the Amite River with an investigator in our area and his friends. He is in his 50's n all of his friends that we watched the firewowrks with were just like the people from swamp people, hardly understand 'em, they were drinkin and smoking but they were real curious about the work we were doing and the Church. It was pretty neat actually. Oh, and the first dinner we went to was with Nana, she was saying the closing prayer before we left n said, "Lord, thank you for these bratty girls and the opportunity that they had to eat my good food. I know it's only good food because you're in it and your hand was in makin it" ..... yeah, she's a convert and the greatest person alive. She feeds us every week. haha.
 
 
Friday, we went and did some service for a less-active sister in our ward. We were cleaning out her cupboards and guess what I found!!!!! GOSSNERS MILK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoot whoot. I took a picture with her. Katie sent me a talk and on Thursday, I shared it with a family that really needed it. It was so cool! It was very inspired n I feel blessed to have such a supportive family like you!
 
 
 
Saturday we had Zone Teaching Meeting and they asked me to share the spiritual thought for the meeting. We learned a lot about plannign n stuff n I felt very uplifter adn I knew what we needed to change to find more investigators. After that we went proselyting. We went to a road that was gravel n the people opened the door n said they were Catholic but she was greatful that we were out sharing our beliefs so we got to come in and talk to her and her 21-year-old son who plays college baseball at SLU (not LSU). We shared about the atonement n Christ's sacrifice. I could definitely see their faith grow and I think that maybe we can continue to share with them and they will listen and open their hearts. We met with a less active couple after that and he was telling me how our ward was so great so I asked him straight up why he didn't come, then n he said "Well it's my own fault n I ain't got no good reason to not come" I said, "Well then I'll see you at church on Sunday then." He kinda ho-hummed about it and we talked a little more. I told him that he could wear his work boots and shorts for all I cared and if I could I would wear mine. When I told him I had a pair of boots he kinda got surprised and said, gosh you'll fit right in with the coona*#*# down here in boots. So go look up what a coona#*# is. Sorry for my cussing ;) haha. We got a whole history lesson about 'em. So when we got up to leave I shook his hand, and he said "Thanks for stopping by." I said, "No problem. I'll see you at church tomorrow. I'll save you a seat right next to me and you can wear your boots" :) haha He said "Ok that he would." He never came but I think it got him thinking about it. I hope we visit him again this week.
 
After that we went our to a place called Alligator Bayou to call some members. We sat and watched in the Bayou for like 30 minutes n watched a set of bubbles swim around. It was so sketchy. I recorded some of it (: haha.
 
Please write me letters!!!!!! and emails and everything!!! I love you so much!  Just excuse my grammar and spelling and punctaution. I know it's attrocious.
Love y'all so much!
I'll be fixin to get at least ten letters this week ;)
Love y'all millions
Love, Sister Thornley
 
 

1 comment: